Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Chindonan Island village; Palawan, Phillipines

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5484/10964246534_db2173c6d8_m.jpg



erik peterson, photographer has added a photo to the pool:


Chindonan Island village; Palawan, Phillipines


I spent Christmas Day in this little village on a remote Island in Palawan. It was pretty cool to wander a place where few tourists get to go and meet the folks there; they were very kind and while very poor, were happy to share anything they had with us.



I saw some photos of the village taken after the typhoon and as you can guess, the village has been totally destroyed. I'm very happy to hear how the area is responding though - the dive resort on the other side of the island we were staying at has been able to gather thousands of dollars in aid and has been able to provide food and other support for the villagers. They seem positive and are forging ahead with the rebuilding process!






via Destinations around the world - The travel group Pool http://www.flickr.com/photos/petersoneg/10964246534/in/pool-844972@N25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...